An excellent preschool program can make a big difference, and luckily, Central New Jersey has a wide selection of schools and programs perfect for helping kids reach new heights of learning and growing!
Here is our list of the best preschool programs recommended by locals in Central New Jersey:
- 117 Mt Bethel Rd. Warren, NJ 07059
- Programs: Mucho Mundo; Primrose Early Art Masters; Happy Hearts Character Development and Life Skills (all programs for children at least 3 years of age)
For a truly balanced learning experience for your little one, look no further than the Primrose School. Their programs include an introduction to the world of foreign language, lessons on art techniques and the work of well-known artists, and a character development program that allows them to gain important values for the future. If you want to give your child a well-rounded learning foundation, register him or her now for the Primrose School.
- 225 Mountain Blvd. Watchung, NJ 07069; 109 Washington Valley Rd. Warren, NJ 07059; 300 Clinton Ave. North Plainfield, NJ 07063; 1949 Washington Valley Rd. Martinsville, NJ 08836
- Programs: Hummingbirds (18 mo-2 ½ years); Chickadees (2 ½-3 years); Ducklings (3-4 years); Bluebirds (4-5 years); Cardinals (4-5 years); Wise Owls (Kindergarten)
For the one-on-one attention your child deserves, the Giving Nest Preschools and Kindergarten have you covered. Each program has goals and objectives specifically tailored to your child’s age group, from early exploration to the development of finer skills. The small group settings and low teacher-to-student ratio allow your kid to work at his or her own pace and locations all over central New Jersey mean that no matter where you live, you can give your child a high-quality, nurturing education.
- 401 Greenbrook Rd. North Plainfield, NJ 07063
- Programs: Stars (2-2 ½ years); Moon Room (2 ½-3 years); Tree Room (3-4 years); Sun Room (Pre-Kindergarten)
Ignite your child’s heart with an early love of learning at the Sundance School. Their programs include an abundance of opportunities for kids to develop motor, communication, and social skills, gaining friendships and sharpening reading, writing, and math readiness skills in the process. With the addition of art, music, and other creative activities, kids can make meaningful educational connections and have fun all at the same time.
- 520 King George Rd. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- Programs: Two Day Class (2 ½ years); Three Day Class (3 years); Four Day Class (2 ½-5 years); Five Day Class (3-5 years); Lunch Bunch; Amazing Athletes (2 ½-6 years); Wee Little Arts
If you’re looking for a school that blends academic nurturing with Christian values, you will want to check out Little Footprints Learning Center. This preschool features programs that reinforce skills in independence, friendship, and more, combined with lessons on the word of God and His love. They also offer additional athletic and artistic enrichment programs, so the learning and discovery never has to end at Little Footprints.
- 104 Mt Horeb Rd. Warren, NJ 07059
- Programs: Yellow Program (25-36 mos); Red Program (3 years); Blue Program (4 years); Orange Program (6 weeks-15 mos); Mommy & Me (birth-18 mos); In-Class Specials; After-School Enrichments (divided by program color)
With a unique community-based approach toward learning, Mountain Top School more than prepares kids for the expectations of kindergarten. Age-appropriate classes provide your children with just the right balance of academics and play, expose them to new experiences and relationships, and help them develop the skills they need to become independent, creative, intelligent, and social people. Before and after care options are available, so there is no reason why you can’t take advantage of all that Mountain Top has to offer.
- 76 Stirling Rd. #300 Warren, NJ 07059
- Programs: L.E.A.P. Curriculum; L.E.A.P. Interactive; Enrichment Programs
Since 1980, the Learning Experience has been providing families with groundbreaking child care and early educational programs throughout the country. The Learning Experience Academic Program, or L.E.A.P., includes innovative lessons in things like sign language, phonics, foreign language, and even philanthropy. Cutting-edge technology and unique enrichment programs promise that your child will learn, play, and grow like never before at the Learning Experience.
1130 Mountain Ave. Berkeley Heights, NJ 07922
Dedicated to helping children develop a strong sense of self worth, Union Village Nursery School offers a curriculum that promotes the social, emotional, intellectual, and physical growth of students ages 2-5 years. Through this program, children gain skills in social development, expressive language, science awareness, and much more. If you want your child to become a more confident, understanding, and positive individual, sign him or her up for Union Village today.
- 206 Mt. Horeb Rd. Warren, NJ 07059
- Programs: Seedlings (12 weeks-2 years); Sprouts (2-5 years); Bloomers (Kindergarten); The Arts Program
If you want your child to have a truly immersive preschool experience, register him or her now for the Orchard Academy at Camp Harmony. Their programs utilize literacy and mathematics as linchpins for all activities and long-term investigations of topics allow students to really delve deeply into a theme and learn as much as they can. For hands-on learning that engages all of your child’s senses, there is no beating the Orchard Academy.
- 158 Central Ave. Stirling, NJ 07980
- Programs: The Acorn Room (2-3.6 years); The Oak Room (3.6-6 years); Kindergarten (5-6 years)
Turn your children into “ambassadors of peace” at Long Hill Montessori School. Here, students are eased into the school environment which makes them feel safe and relaxed enough to begin developing meaningful relationships and useful skills, as well as a greater sense of independence and order. Children who go through the Montessori School’s programs emerge like a butterfly from a cocoon, more confident and ready to take on challenges than ever before.
- 1288 Valley Rd. Stirling, NJ 07980
- Programs: Infants; Waddlers; Toddlers; Pre-K 1; Pre-K 2; Summer Program (programs for kids ages 6 weeks to 5 years)
With over 20 years of experience in childhood education, the staff at Lil’ People’s Playhouse is dedicated to providing your child with a top-quality, fun learning environment. Creative, hands-on lesson plans and individualized attention allow students to become active learners and develop the skills for further success. As a member of the community, you can trust Lil’ People’s to give your child the building blocks he or she needs for future academic achievement.
- 3048 Valley Rd. Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
- Programs: Infants (6 weeks-18 mos); Toddler (18-35 mos); Preschool (3 years); Pre-K (4 years); Kindergarten-1st Grade (5-6 years)
With a methodology shaped by the values of Judaism, Zimmer Preschool honors the role of teachers in helping to shape the person your child will become as an adult. Through Zimmer’s programs, children develop a sense of trust and full self-actualization, while parents receive daily logs, blog posts, photos, and more, so they can remain up-to-date on their child’s real-time progress. Register for Zimmer today and become a part of a community that believes if you “educate a child in his youth...it will stay with him forever.”
- 80 Mt. Horeb Rd. Warren, NJ 07059
If you live in Warren Township and are getting ready to look at preschools, then you’re in luck. The Warren Township School District is offering an integrated preschool program for 3-4-year-old residents at Mount Horeb Elementary School. This program focuses on literacy, math, science, social studies, the arts, and technology, and is available to both typical and special needs students, so click on the link above and check your child’s eligibility now.
Keep exploring more recommendations for kids on our blog!
If you have kids, you know how difficult it can be to get them to be active once summer ro...
When your little one's birthday rolls around, Central New Jersey is packed with great ...